time. Rather, consider a lifestyle change that involves becoming more active as a couple and making healthier food choices. By working on improving your healthy lifestyle you will not only see changes in your physical body, but you may
also discover new ways to build in time together. Couples that do more activities together tend to have stronger emotional and physical relationships, so it will address more than one aspect of your intimate life at the same time.
Developing a healthy lifestyle and increasing your activity level doesn't mean that you have to go into training or jog every day. There are many fun relationship-building activities that couples can do together to get in shape and build those emotional bonds.
- Going for a romantic walk at the beach, lake, park or even around your neighborhood
- Camping and hiking together through the mountains
- Kayaking or whitewater rafting
- Horseback riding
- Rollerblading or ice skating to your favorite music
- Ballroom dancing
- Taking out a gym membership together
- Playing your favorite sports on a co-ed team
- Water-skiing or snow skiing get-aways
- Gardening and working together in the yard
- Walking, jogging or running in a charity event as a team
- Yoga classes
Exercising together in playful yet active types of events is a great way to bond emotionally while you are gaining a better body and a healthier lifestyle. Don't forget that being in better physical shape translates into benefits in the bedroom.
Research has shown that exercise has a positive impact on:
- Stress reduction Less stress means more time to focus in on your partner and enjoying the time you are together. Stress also decreases sex drive, so eliminated stress from you life is essential to building a better physical and emotional relationship.
- Endurance When you exercise on a routine basis your muscles build up greater endurance to physical movement and activity. This means that you will be able to stay in one position for longer or even be more adventurous in the positions you try out for the first time.
- Cardio When your heart is strong and actively pumping blood, you have more energy and are less easily fatigued. This will also increase your body flow to all the parts of your body, enhancing the physical experience.
- Strength Like muscular endurance, being strong enough to support your body in a variety of different positions is one of the best ways to feel confident and comfortable in trying out new positions.
- Hormones Men and women that routinely work out tend to produce more of the endorphins or pleasure hormones. These hormones contribute to the enjoyment of sex and also to getting into the mood.
Get more great tips to boost your sex life in The JoiToyz Guide to Great Sex for Couples.